Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dr. Vindigni

Steve's been incredibly busy at the hospital.  Poor guy, his first rotation as an intern--a newly minted doctor who graduated less than two months ago--is in the intensive care unit at the county hospital.  Talk about throwing a person into a roaring fire!  This is probably his toughest rotation of the year, and in true Steve form, he handles everything in his typical calm, cool, and collected manner.  I would be a total stress ball.  And based on some of the stories he tells me about his sick patients, I would also be an emotional wreck.  Hey, I tear up even hearing the stories--no way would I be able to handle what he and other doctors do.   



Steve was working nights at the ICU last week.  He left for the hospital around 6pm and would return home the next morning around 9am.  This meant that we went for about a week without seeing each other at all because I was at work when he was home.  And when he was home during the day, he would be sleeping since he had to be up all night at the hospital.  That was tough--I missed my husband!  I did work from home last Friday (his birthday), so that I would at least see him for a few hours on his special day.  He spent most of the day catching up on much-needed sleep, but we were able to go out for a quick birthday dinner at our favorite local Japanese restaurant before he left for another night in the hospital.       

Just a couple more days, and he'll be done with this ICU rotation.  Then, it's on to the ER, and the hours should actually be slightly better.  Hopefully we'll get to have more quality time together to explore our new city!  Or I'll simply scope out the best hiking trails, activities, sights, restaurants for us first...



No comments:

Post a Comment