Friday, July 15, 2011

My Favorite Little People

One of the best things about living in Seattle is that we're only a few hours away from some of my most favorite little people in the world.  Meet my niece, Zoe, and my nephew, Dylan:

Zoe
Dylan

Dylan loves imitating his big sister.

They're adorable, right?!?  Zoe's three and Dylan's one.  They're at such a fun age--I'm sure I can say that because I'm their aunt and I don't see them everyday.  I do know that they're quite the handful.  I have new-found respect for my sister and brother-in-law, and for parents in general!  Yikes.

I took Amtrak from Seattle to Portland over the July 4th weekend.  My parents flew up from California, so it was like a mini family reunion (though we missed my brother and Steve, who both had to work).  We had an early birthday celebration for Zoe, who turned three on July 6.  I got to spend some quality time with Zoe and Dylan; we went to the park, played lots of games, read books, and had a lot of silly fun.  By the end of the weekend, I was exhausted.  Love those kids! 

Enjoying an ice cream cone.
Steve and I got Zoe a kid's digital camera for her birthday.
Strawberry ice cream cake for the birthday girl!
Dylan says, "I want to use your camera!"




Slide at the park


Firefighter Dylan


No comments:

Post a Comment